Participatory Advertising: a global approach with a Latin American focus
|Location:||Uniminuto (Headquarters), Room C-202, Calle 81B # 72B-70, Bogotá, Colombia|
|Date:||14th July 2017 | 9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
Registration and Information: This conference is free but we strongly encourage previous registration. Please confirm your presence with Marcela Duque email@example.com
Final Program coming soon!
Being one of the most influential institutions of our times, advertising has been enduring structural and conceptual changes that open new possibilities for consumer participation in the advertising process and its outputs. Driven by new technologies and a media ecology that is changing how we engage in society, fuelled by consumer awareness and agency on one side and by the advertising industry unending quest for new and impactful forms of communication on the other, participatory advertising involves co-creation and shared contents between all stakeholders and poses relevant questions to reflect upon.
- How is consumer-citizen participation changing advertising?
- What power (in) balances does it convey? Is it more effective?
- Does participation question the power of brands or, on the contrary, makes them stronger?
- What challenges does participation pose to the advertising industry? And to consumers?
Answers to these and other questions are what we are looking for.
Participate with your own questions and share your view on this debate, bring your case study, your concerns, your hopes and criticism. We, at the PCR, are open to your participation.
to involve industry (brands/companies), advertisers (agencies and corporations), consumer and citizen associations and the academia in a participatory event.
The call was open to participation and was targeted to selected representatives from the advertising industry (companies and corporations, advertising, communication and digital agencies, professional associations), research (academia and I&D) institutional (regulatory bodies and government institutions) and civil society (consumer and citizen associations, communities and platforms) and other interested parties.
Individuals and/or organisations from:
- advertising industry (companies and corporations, advertising, communication and digital agencies, professional associations),
- research (academia and I&D),
- institutional (regulatory bodies and government institutions) and
- civil society (consumer and citizen associations, communities and platforms)
- students of marketing, communication, advertising
- researchers on advertising, consumption, citizenship, participatory culture
Since the event will depend mainly on the participatory outcome of the project, the output is still not designed. Participants and partners will have a decision on this. Nevertheless, the PCR proposes to edit and publish an e-book/report till the end of 2017.
Final program to be announced soon.
We are looking forward to meet you there.
Ana Duarte Melo firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: Participatory Communication Research Section | IAMCR with the support of Uniminuto (Bogotá)